Friday, February 8, 2008


POCAHONTAS II

Man:
Hear ye! Hear ye!
The High Court of King James will herewith commence. Presenting the first order of business--

(Door Opens)

(All Gasp)

King James:
Pocahontas!
Guards! Guards!

(Crowd Gasping)

Pocahontas:
Surely His Majesty would not refuse an audience... With a visiting princess.

Queen Anne:
James.

(Tense Groaning)

Pocahontas:
Your Grace, if you insist on war... My people will fight to the last warrior. There is nothing to be gained
but much to be lost, for all of us.


King James:
There is no gold, is there? No. Ratcliffe assured me--

John Smith:
That I was dead?

(Crowd Murmuring)



King James:
Was it true?

(Murmuring Continues)

Pocahontas:
Ratcliffe has lied to you about everything. There are many voices around you... But you must listen
to your own voice.


King James:
Why do you speak out when so many doubt you, even when it could mean
your life?

Pocahontas:
Because I speak the truth.

(Crowd Murmuring)

King James:
Silence!


John Smith:
Ratcliffe has left! We must stop him!

Pocahontas:
But it's too late.

John Smith:
We must try.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I'm simple, genius, etc.